Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Road Less Traveled

Hmm....the Whale asked why my blog has been so "dead" lately...:(

Well, it is a new trimester now and I am the coordinator of the computer graphics course, so there is a lot of works to be done including re-designing all the lab materials to make it more interesting and relevant. In the first lab itself, students would get to see this:











Students would learn to modify the models and create their own models for the first 2 weeks without the need to know OpenGL, students are given a big program and throughout the weeks, part by part would be explained to them and they are required to experiment and modify those part as they learn. This is pretty much "learn by examples" approach. it is rather unconventional approach, but I think the students would be able to learn much more effectively.

Okay, I need to get back to work, tomorrow is my first lecture after a long long time. The lecture is in the big lecture hall where the lecturer PC and the whiteboard is so far away from the students, I think I would do a terrible job as i could not interact with the students as i like to do in the class, I could not even use the whiteboard (the projector screen covers the whole whiteboard)! There is no better way to teach than to teach on the board...:( .... so if you are one of my students this trimester, sorry hah.... this is going to be bad...:(

Anyway, I would like to just leave here a famous poem for you all to think about:

A beutiful poem by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then took the other as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet, knowing how way leads onto way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright (C) 2005 by YPWong
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog, opinions expressed here do not represent the views of my employer!